As an alternative to our Middle School campus-based programs at UC Berkeley, we also offer a one-week online course in Medicine, AI, or Blockchain during the summer. This five-day online program meets Monday – Friday for 3 hours each day, giving students the opportunity to work with industry professionals on real-life learning projects.
July 3, 2023 July 7, 2023 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET
July 10, 2023 July 14, 2023 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET
Academic tracks in this program
- Explore how machines learn while examining the various applications being used in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take a deep dive into the four main types of artificial intelligence learning - supervised learning, unsupervised learning, semi-supervised learning, and reinforcement learning.
- Gain the skills necessary to train a computer to independently recognize basic images by using bit patterns from large data sets.
- Learn how technology companies are harnessing the power of large datasets through the creation of a classification algorithm to train the machine to begin identifying the desired outcomes.
- Practice algorithm testing to ensure classifications are functioning as students have designed and accuracy procedures are achieved.
- Learn about the fascinating history and evolution of money around the world
- Explore digital currency and its creation, protection, and management
- Analyze blockchain technology and its various components
- Learn about Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, NFTs, smart contracts, and the financial technology industry (FinTech)
- Discover critical techniques in emergency medicine such as setting a splint and performing CPR.
- Work in teams as you research, diagnose, and develop a treatment plan for a "patient".
- Learn alongside medical professionals and gain behind-the-scenes knowledge of the emergency room.