This innovative college-level course in partnership with iXperience is perfectly designed to help high schoolers gain real world knowledge and experience before committing to a UX & UI path in college. You will get the opportunity to apply your newly gained skills to a hands-on project for a positive cause. While specific briefs vary from course to course, all of the projects are selected to perfectly complement the skills covered in class and enable students to make a real-world impact.
Open to any high school student who will be entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in Fall 2022. Space is limited. Each session is limited to 35 students per track.
Classes will be held via Zoom and facilitated in real-time by the instructor.
- Design fundamentals: The psychology of colors, lines, shapes, textures, fonts. Learn to leverage the power of space, rhythm, composition, structure.
- Human-computer interaction: The basics of the psychology of interface design and how humans feel about computers in different contexts.
- User Research: Learn to form hypotheses, then go out to real people to collect data and test your assumptions.
- Rapid Prototyping: Prototyping, sketching, and wireframing - essential techniques for experimentation and brainstorming.
- Visual Identity: Build a visual identity from scratch, taking into account the story, personality, and core values.
- Mock Websites & Apps: Learn to design across screen sizes and interaction paradigms.
July 4, 2022 July 14, 2022 9am - 12pm PT / 12pm - 3pm ET