Residential Price: $4,998 USD (+ supplemental fees)
Extended Commuter Price: $3,398 USD (+ supplemental fees)
Commuter Price: $2,798 USD (+ supplemental fees)
Late June: June 20-July 2, 2021
Early July: July 4-July 16, 2021
Late July: July 18-July 30, 2021
University of California at Berkeley
This course offers a fast, fun and enjoyable way to learn the basics of human anatomy and physiology. It provides a strong foundation for students interested in careers in kinesiology, anatomy and physiology, physical therapy and sports medicine.
Students will learn basic medical terminology in anatomy, physiology and biological function. We will cover an overview of human organ systems, system components, their functions and common dysfunctions. Each class will include a Spotlight on Medicine, looking at various commonly used substances and how they affect body systems. A field trip to a local hospital provides access to people working medical careers. On the final day students will give ‘capstone’ presentations about a biology or medical topic of their choice. Students will be able to choose their topics, and work together during class time to prepare a presentation to share.
- > Explore human organ systems and system components, their functions and common dysfunctions
- > Visit a hospital and interview people working in medical fields
- > Compare common medicines and their effects on human health
- > Engage in meaningful communication with others about issues associated with human health and disease.
- > Gain awareness and familiarity with the human body, health and medicine — for life!