Day 4 & 5 of Summer Springboard (Session 3):
“I chose Summer Springboard because in the future I want to live in California, and to my knowledge, Berkeley is one of the best schools in the area.”
- Computer Science Excursion – Google SF
- Students visited the Google SF office and toured of one of the most influential technology companies.
- At the Google SF office, engineers and computer scientists work on the core infrastructure of flagship products like Search, Gmail, and Chrome, and on notable product launches including Wallet and App Engine.
- Medicine Excursion – Kanbar Center
- The Kanbar Center supports UCSF’s educational mission of teaching, learning, and assessment through simulation recreating routine and complex situations.
- Students performed compressions on dummies to the popular songs, “Stayin Alive” by Bee Gees and “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson.
- Journalism Excursion – Bloomberg
- Bloomberg has 2700 journalists in 100 countries writing over 5000 stories a day!
- Students got a behind the scenes look into Bloomberg’s terminal to see headline stories as well as a live TV session.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Excursion – Club Donatello San Francisco:
- Club Donatello is a four-star, gold crown boutique owners club providing an intimate ambiance in the heart of San Francisco’s union square.
- Business students got a chance to tour the beautiful facilities and the opportunity to ask questions on how the owners set themselves apart from the competition!
- Giants Stadium Tour
- The students heard from two speakers with the Giants corporation who gave some great advice – “Communication is key no matter what profession you get in to. Make sure to work well with teams as this will get you far!”
- Fun fact – whenever the championship trophy is flown in, the trophy gets its very own first class seat!