The journey to success in career and life is deeply personal. At Summer Springboard, we believe goals can best be realized when students have a true sense of what makes them unique. Their strengths and weaknesses, interests and dreams are the tools they need to achieve success in college and beyond.
Please click on the links to read full job descriptions and required qualifications.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Review SSB Seasonal Job Openings (is it possible to link a spreadsheet we can always update on current openings?)
- Step 2: Prep your Application Materials: you will be required to submit your most up-to-date resume and a cover letter is always greatly appreciated!
- Step 3: Complete and submit our Seasonal Staff Application
After submitting your application, we will promptly review it. You can expect to receive feedback within one week. If your background aligns with our requirements, you will be invited to participate in a first-round interview with our hiring team. This initial interview is an opportunity for us to get to know you better and assess your qualifications for the position, as well as for you to get to know SSB programs!
If you successfully complete the first-round interview, you will be invited for a second interview. During this stage, you will have the chance to review typical program scenarios relevant to the position you’re applying for. This interview allows us to further evaluate your skills, experience, and suitability for the role.
For positions such as Campus Director, Assistant Campus Director, or Activities Coordinator, you will also be invited for a third interview with the Program Director of your potentially assigned campus program. This interview is an opportunity to delve deeper into the specific responsibilities and expectations of the role within the campus program.
We value your time and interest in joining our team, and we strive to make the interview process as transparent and efficient as possible. If you have any questions or need further clarification at any point during the process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to the possibility of working together.
Company Culture Overview
Company Culture: Open-Door Policy
At SSB, we believe in fostering an environment of open communication and transparency. Our open-door policy means that every member of our team, regardless of their position, has access to management and leadership. We encourage employees to voice their opinions, share feedback, and raise any concerns they may have, knowing that their input is valued and respected.
Our open-door policy reflects our commitment to creating a supportive and inclusive workplace where everyone feels heard and empowered to contribute to the success of our organization. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting your career, you’ll find that our culture of openness and accessibility creates opportunities for collaboration, growth, and innovation.
We believe that by maintaining open lines of communication at all levels of the organization, we can better understand the needs and perspectives of our team members, foster trust and mutual respect, and ultimately achieve our shared goals.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits of Working with Us:
1. Impactful Work with Youth: Joining our team means having the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of young people. As a part of our summer pre-college program, you’ll have the chance to inspire and mentor students as they embark on their academic and personal journeys.
2. Professional Growth and Development: At our summer program, we’re committed to supporting your growth and helping you reach your full potential.
3. Collaboration with Diverse Colleagues: One of the highlights of working with us is the opportunity to collaborate with incredible colleagues from diverse backgrounds and professions. Our team is comprised of individuals with a wide range of expertise and experiences, creating a dynamic and enriching work environment.
4. Networking with Professionals in Various Fields: In addition to engaging with colleagues within our organization, you’ll also have the chance to network with professionals in various fields. Our summer program attracts experts and guest speakers from academia, industry, and beyond, providing valuable networking opportunities for personal and professional growth.
5. Supportive and Inclusive Culture: We’re proud to foster a supportive and inclusive culture where every team member is valued and respected. Whether you’re sharing ideas in a team meeting or seeking guidance from a colleague, you’ll find that our organization prioritizes collaboration, respect, and mutual support.
Join us and be a part of a team dedicated to empowering youth, fostering growth, and creating positive change in our communities.
How many weeks will I be working?
Our staff contracts vary from 4 weeks to 8 weeks and includes staff orientation before the students arrive.
What is the application process and timeline?
Step 1: Complete application form
Step 2: Interviews with the Hiring Team Step
3: Reference Checks Step
4: Contract Offer – Employment contingent on Background Checks Step
5: Background Checks
How do I get to and from campus?
Summer Springboard reimburses the roundtrip transportation (up to $400) to the campus. Staff members have the flexibility to book their preferred method of transport to and from the program.
Will I have time off?
Yes! Each staff member gets rotating time off each week the program is in session. Additionally, staff have two days off between each program session they work.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At Summer Springboard, we uphold a steadfast commitment to fostering an inclusive and respectful environment for all individuals. We recognize the importance of addressing issues such as prejudice, discrimination, and insensitivity with the utmost seriousness. As an organization, we actively promote and prioritize understanding and compassion across all barriers, including those of race, gender, sexual orientation, financial status, nationality, educational level, and religious belief. It is our collective responsibility as team members to uphold these principles of fairness and equality in every aspect of our work. We are dedicated to creating a culture where every individual feels valued, respected, and supported. We strive to cultivate an environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated and embraced, and where differences are seen as strengths that enrich our community. We believe that by actively standing behind these principles, being vigilant against harmful beliefs or practices, and addressing inappropriate actions or speech whenever necessary, we can create a more inclusive and equitable world for all.
High School Positions
Middle School Positions
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Positions
Follow us on social media!