Day 4 & 5 of Summer Springboard (Session 1):
“I decided to come to Summer Springboard figure out whether I enjoy medicine and would like to make a career out of it.”
- Tour of Congress:
- All students view the historic areas of the Capitol on a guide-led tour. The tour includes visiting the Crypt, the Rotunda, and National Statuary Hall.
- Medicine & Healthcare Activity – Mass Casualty Simulation
- The students ran through procedures for dealing with an excess of wounded patients in a simulated case of a bomb going off in a city.
- They learned how to assess injuries and set up triage.
- Trial Law Excursion – Site Visit & Investigation:
- Students begin trial preparations with visit to real accident scene to collect case facts through visual assessment and completion of accident scene investigation form.