Day 10 & 11 of Summer Springboard (Session 1):
“I’ve really enjoyed meeting new people and getting to explore more about global health and opportunities for my future.”
- Trial Law Excursion – instructor guided tour of the Supreme Court
- Trial Law students visited the Supreme Court and took advantage of a variety of educational programs, including Courtroom Lectures, a Visitor Film, and court-related Exhibitions.
- Highlights include the John Marshall statue, portraits and busts of former Justices, and two self-supporting marble staircases.
- American U campus tour:
- American University combines a tradition of strong undergraduate and graduate education with a focus on experiential learning, global leadership, and public service.
- Fun fact – American University was chartered by Congress in 1893. An answer to George Washington’s call to create a national university in the nation’s capital.
- Afternoon & Evening Activities
- In between all of the academic and career exploration portions of Summer Springboard, students are enjoying the fun activities. A favorite was the blind lego contest and tye-dye t-shirts!