Day 2 & 3 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
- Georgetown Campus Tour
- Students are drawn to Georgetown University’s high academic ranking as well as the picturesque campus on the Potomac River.
- Fun fact – both Bill Clinton and Bradley Cooper went to Georgetown!
- Medical & Healthcare Excursion – GWU Simulation Center:
- The new Clinical Learning and Simulation Skills (CLASS) Center , which opened its doors on March 1, 2014, provides one of the most innovative educational environments in the nation.
- Our students were able supplement their classroom learning with comprehensive clinical exposure, feedback, and evaluation that prepare them to become both technically adept and compassionate caregivers.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Guest Speaker – Former McKinsey Executive
- Peter Mombaur, CEO of Terra Education, provided a deep dive workshop into problem solving.
- Peter shared McKinsey’s method to approach problem solving = MECE (mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive)
- The True You
- A major part of what makes Summer Springboard different is The True You.
- The purpose of the True You is to increase student’s self-awareness so they can make better decisions about college admissions, academic major and career paths.