This innovative college-level course in partnership with iXperience is perfectly designed to help high schoolers gain real world knowledge and experience before committing to a Web Development path in college. You will get the opportunity to apply your newly gained skills to a hands-on project for a positive cause. While specific briefs vary from course to course, all of the projects are selected to perfectly complement the skills covered in class and enable students to make a real-world impact.
● Week 1: Focus on picking up new industry-relevant skills at a rapid pace.
● Week 2: Collaborate on a social impact project that you can add to your resume and discuss in job interviews.
Open to any high school student who will be entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in Fall 2023. Space is limited. Each session is limited to 35 students per track.
Classes will be held via Zoom and facilitated in real-time by the instructor.
- Mobile-first, responsive design: This is the default of the modern web. Learn coding frameworks and techniques that ensure that your web sites work well on all screen sizes.
- Software tools: Learn which software tools are most popular in the world of today’s editors including Figma and Adobe XD.
- Git and Github: This is the industry standard for collaborating on, sharing and hosting software on the internet.
- Databases: Learn the basics and how to store/work with data to drive your website.
- APIs: Understand how to use APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) so you can communicate with other websites all over the web.
- Effective debugging: Learn with tools like Chrome Developer Tools that might help you make sure your code works perfectly on every browser.
July 3, 2023 July 13, 2023 9am - 12pm PT / 12pm - 3pm ET