Getting ready for the excitement of Summer Springboard? This is going to be a life changing experience for you and we can’t wait to be a part of it. Here are some tips on how to make the best of your 2 weeks with us:
- When experiencing FOMO, refrain from checking social media. Focus instead on the relationships, memories, and experiences you’re making at Summer Springboard! Its good to be connected but it can go too far. This experience is about finding yourself, stay present. Find a healthy balance.
- Occupy downtime with meeting and hanging out with new friends, reflecting on True You sessions, or other modules and discussions.
- Exercise! Research show us that the best brains are the brains that get daily exercise. Use the mornings, or downtime to exercise. Your brain will be learning and changing rapidly at Summer Springboard allow it to be at his highest level of function.
- Keep a journal and write in it 3+ days a week (great way to stay accountable to yourself and see your own personal growth)
- Keep an open mind!
- Communicate as much as possible with everyone
- Embrace the little quirks – try to be respectful, patient, and humble.
- Make yourself at home – settle in and embrace the college lifestyle.
- If you feel lonely, scared, or need to talk – reach out to your RA, that’s what they are there for – to support you and make sure you have the best experience possible. If this is your first time away from home, please know we are here to support you and help you grow.