Day 13 & 14 of Summer Springboard (Session 3):
“What I liked the most about the program was everyone’s dedication and heart. From classmates participating actively in class, to RAs guiding us along, to the teacher’s patience and passion in spreading their knowledge. Everyone was into the program with all their heart, trying their best to make the most out of the program, which was what made this summer program both educational and enjoyable.” (Oceano, Medicine & Healthcare)
“I can’t choose just one thing as I loved everything here. I liked all the evening activities. These activities require teamwork and draw us closer together. Also, the medical classes are great! Dr. Tenner and Dr. Chen taught us patiently and I had a lot of fun doing the simulation. This program is definitely one of the most unforgettable memories in my life and I am grateful that I can be a part of the Summer Springboard program.” (Nicole, Medicine & Healthcare)
“I liked all the freedom that they gave us and the academic course that I took. I learned a lot in business and a lot about myself. I made many new friends. I loved this camp!” (Nathaniel, Business & Entrepreneurship)
- Keynote Speaker and Closing Ceremony:
- We had the honor of having Poornima Vijayashanker as our keynote speaker. Poornima is an entrepreneur, engineer, author, and speaker who has made her mark on the tech world.
- She highlighted the importance of education and having a plan, but also shared her experience that most 5 year plans don’t pan out exactly as you predict so you have to be adaptable and follow your passion.
- Medicine Field Trip – UCSF Zuckerberg Hospital
- On the last day of class, the medicine students were treated to a behind the scenes tour of the UCSF Zuckerberg Hospital.
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center is a community hospital and Level 1 trauma center dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the community.
- Farewell Party:
- That’s a wrap on session 3 of Summer Springboard at UC Berkeley. We’ve had an amazing two weeks of learning, fun, and friendships that will last a lifetime.