Day 3 & 4 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
When asked her thoughts on the engineering field trip with Stantec –
“I had no idea that the process of designing buildings takes such a long time. I thought it took maybe 2-3 years to build a hospital like that, not 10!” Anna (Engineering & Innovation)
- Medicine Field Trip – UCSF Kanbar Simulation Center
- The Kanbar Center supports UCSF’s educational mission of teaching, learning, and assessment through simulation recreating routine and complex situations.
- Students performed compressions on dummies to the popular songs, “Stayin Alive” by Bee Gees and “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson.
- Click the video in the first picture above (or here) to see them in action!
- Engineering Field Trip – Stantec
- Students arrived at the project site for the UCSF Precision Cancer Center Medicine Building.
- An architect from Stantec, the leading global engineering firm at the project site, spoke to the students about the ins and outs of creating a building from scratch.
- Computer Science Field Trip – Thunkable
- Students went to the office of Thunkable in downtown San Francisco.
- Thunkable enables anyone to create beautiful and powerful mobile apps with a drag and drop mobile app builder for iOS and Android.
- Afternoon Activity – College Fair
- Student’s got the opportunity to ask the RAs all about the college experience – from the good to the bad!
- The group of RAs represent current or recent grads from top tier schools such as Columbia, Stanford, UCLA, CU Boulder, Loyola, Hofstra, Dominican, UC Davis, UMass, and Cal Poly.