Day 3 & 4 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
When asked her thoughts on the engineering field trip with Stantec –
“I had no idea that the process of designing buildings takes such a long time. I thought it took maybe 2-3 years to build a hospital like that, not 10!” Anna (Engineering & Innovation)
- Medicine Field Trip – UCSF Kanbar Simulation Center
- The Kanbar Center supports UCSF’s educational mission of teaching, learning, and assessment through simulation recreating routine and complex situations.
- Students performed compressions on dummies to the popular songs, “Stayin Alive” by Bee Gees and “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson.
- Click the video in the first picture above (or here) to see them in action!
- Engineering Field Trip – Stantec
Students arrived at the project site for the UCSF Precision Cancer Center Medicine Building.
An architect from Stantec, the leading global engineering firm at the project site, spoke to the students about the ins and outs of creating a building from scratch.
- Computer Science Field Trip – Thunkable
- Students went to the office of Thunkable in downtown San Francisco.
- Thunkable enables anyone to create beautiful and powerful mobile apps with a drag and drop mobile app builder for iOS and Android.
- Afternoon Activity – College Fair
- Student’s got the opportunity to ask the RAs all about the college experience – from the good to the bad!
- The group of RAs represent current or recent grads from top tier schools such as Columbia, Stanford, UCLA, CU Boulder, Loyola, Hofstra, Dominican, UC Davis, UMass, and Cal Poly.