Day 11 & 12 of Summer Springboard (Session 1):
“I love the amount of knowledge I have gained this past week and hope to further improve in my medical skills. I also love the commitment the teachers put in to make it a fun, hands-on experience.” Gracey (Medicine & Healthcare)
- 4th of July:
- We celebrated 4th of July at the Berkeley Marina with food, entertainment, and a grand fireworks show!
- The students enjoyed the live music, dozens of food trucks, and the hand made and international craft vendors.
- Computer Science Field Trip – Raspberry Pi
- We visited the Raspberry Pi offices where there was an experiential event so that the students could build a project (in groups) using Python and machine learning.
- The Raspberry Pi Foundation provides low-cost, high-performance computers that people use to learn, solve problems and have fun.
- Engineering Class:
- The engineering students have been working hard on their projects.
- We asked Sophie to share her thoughts on the program and she said “we’ve delved into different types of engineering in San Francisco, enabling us to learn about the environment around us and the details of what it takes to be an engineer“.
- Digital Journalism & Medicine Classes:
- The digital journalism students continued to work on their blog posts about their experiences at Summer Springboard.
- Meanwhile, the medicine students learned the ins and outs of vaccines.