Day 3 & 4 of Summer Springboard (Session 1):
“I really like the balance of academics and fun downtime to explore with new friends. Having time for both is important and that’s been my favorite part of Summer Springboard so far.” Megha (Medicine & Healthcare)
- Engineering Field Trip – Stantec and AutoDesk
- Stantec houses the entire cross-functional project team in a temporary building at the project site so designers, engineers, architects, estimators and project managers can work faster and more collaboratively.
- Students spent time reviewing “pull schedules” that allow the orchestra of fields to come together to create a masterpiece – the new UCSF cancer center.
- Business Field Trip – Facebook Headquarters
- Facebook’s sprawling campus was previously owned by Sun Microsystems.
- You’ll find the word “hack” hidden all over the Facebook campus.
- Medicine Field Trip – UCSF Kanbar Simulation Center
- The Kanbar Center supports UCSF’s educational mission of teaching, learning, and assessment through simulation recreating routine and complex situations.
- Students performed compressions on dummies to the popular songs, “Stayin Alive” by Bee Gees and “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson.