Day 3 & 4 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
“I really want to become a surgeon and enjoyed the hands-on activities such as the medical simulation that gave me further insight into possible future career choices.” Eden (Medicine & Healthcare)
- Startup Law Track – Yale Law School Tour
- The startup law students received a behind the scenes tour of Yale Law School from Mike K. Thompson, the Associate Dean.
- Dean Thompson joined the Law School administration as an Assistant Dean in 1991, becoming Associate Dean in 1996.
- Medicine & Healthcare Track – Yale Center for Medical Simulation
The medicine students went to the SIM lab for stitching and suturing practice with Yale Medical and Emergency Room doctors.
They practiced on mannequins that respond just like humans. They blink, cry, and sweat, and react like a normal patient would! They also cost $60,000 each!!!
- Business & Entrepreneurship Track – Guest Speaker from McKinsey
Peter Mombaur provided a deep dive into management consulting at McKinsey. From the Gates Foundation to the government of South Africa, all types of companies hire McKinsey to help solve their business problems.
Peter shared McKinsey’s method to approach problem solving = MECE (mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive)
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
- As the students continue to explore the beautiful Yale campus, they took a visit to the Peabody Museum.
- The Peabody Museum is one of the oldest and largest university-based natural history museums, with more than 13 million objects housed in 10 different divisions and representing more than 4 billion years of geological, biological, and human history.