Day 3 & 4 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
“I really want to become a surgeon and enjoyed the hands-on activities such as the medical simulation that gave me further insight into possible future career choices.” Eden (Medicine & Healthcare)
- Startup Law Track – Yale Law School Tour
- The startup law students received a behind the scenes tour of Yale Law School from Mike K. Thompson, the Associate Dean.
- Dean Thompson joined the Law School administration as an Assistant Dean in 1991, becoming Associate Dean in 1996.
- Medicine & Healthcare Track – Yale Center for Medical Simulation
- The medicine students went to the SIM lab for stitching and suturing practice with Yale Medical and Emergency Room doctors.
- They practiced on mannequins that respond just like humans. They blink, cry, and sweat, and react like a normal patient would! They also cost $60,000 each!!!
- Business & Entrepreneurship Track – Guest Speaker from McKinsey
- Peter Mombaur provided a deep dive into management consulting at McKinsey. From the Gates Foundation to the government of South Africa, all types of companies hire McKinsey to help solve their business problems.
- Peter shared McKinsey’s method to approach problem solving = MECE (mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive)
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
- As the students continue to explore the beautiful Yale campus, they took a visit to the Peabody Museum.
- The Peabody Museum is one of the oldest and largest university-based natural history museums, with more than 13 million objects housed in 10 different divisions and representing more than 4 billion years of geological, biological, and human history.