Day 2 & 3 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
“I have always been interested in pre-law and this program is the perfect way for me to explore it even more to see if I really like it enough to make a career out of it.”
- Academic Tracks
- We are honored to have acclaimed professional experts as the instructors for Summer Springboard.
- From a Harvard-educated criminal defense lawyer who has tried cases before the Supreme Court, to the Chief Nursing Officer for the Western Connecticut Health Network, and much more, these instructors will be providing students a deep dive of specific subject areas.
- Yale Campus Tour
- Fun fact – the statue of the man sitting with his foot up is Theodore Woolsey, who used to use his foot to push the crew team’s boat into competition, and every time that he pushed the boat in, the crew team would win.
- Students now rub the foot of the statue before a big test or event that they need luck for.
- Yale Museums:
- Students explored the galleries of the Yale Museums to get behind-the-scenes photos, curator insights, and more.
- The Yale Center for British Art at Yale University in downtown New Haven, Connecticut, houses the largest and most comprehensive collection of British art outside the United Kingdom
- The True You
- A major part of what makes Summer Springboard different is The True You.
- The purpose of the True You is to increase student’s self-awareness so they can make better decisions about college admissions, academic major and career paths.