Day 2 & 3 of Summer Springboard (Session 1):
“I chose Summer Springboard for a few reasons. First, it is in a wonderful location for me, as the campus location is fairly close to my house. Also, Summer Springboard offered the exact summer program that I had been looking for. The opportunities listed that I could participate in really intrigued me. Overall, this program is the perfect fit for me.”
- Academic Tracks
- We are honored to have acclaimed professional experts as the instructors for Summer Springboard.
- From a Harvard-educated criminal defense lawyer who has tried cases before the Supreme Court, to the Chief Nursing Officer for the Western Connecticut Health Network, and much more, these instructors will be providing students a deep dive of specific subject areas.
- The True You
- Watch the video from facilitator, James Maroney.
- A major part of what makes Summer Springboard different is The True You.
- The purpose of the True You is to increase student’s self-awareness so they can make better decisions about college admissions, academic major and career paths.
- Yale Campus Tour
- Fun fact – the statue of the man sitting with his foot up is Theodore Woolsey, who used to use his foot to push the crew team’s boat into competition, and every time that he pushed the boat in, the crew team would win.
- Students now rub the foot of the statue before a big test or event that they need luck for.
- Yale Museums:
- Students explored the galleries of the Yale Museums to get behind-the-scenes photos, curator insights, and more.
- The mission of the Yale University Art Gallery is to encourage appreciation and understanding of art and its role in society through direct engagement with original works of art.