Choose one of our top courses that has been transformed into a customized and dynamic online learning experience. Discover your academic passions with a real-world professional, engage in interactive online learning, and learn about career paths for this major.
- Business & Entrepreneurship – Dr. Tina Klein, UC San Diego
- Computer Science – Dr. Qi Zhao, UCLA
- Creative Writing – Dr. Lisa Acerbo, Published Author
- Emergency Medicine – Cheryl Burke, Northeastern University
- Fundamentals of Engineering – Dr. Joshua Ramos, MIT
- Psychology & Neuroscience – Rob Cortes, Georgetown University
- Trial Law – Artem Joukov, JD, University of Southern California
When & How
Classes meet 3-hours/day for two weeks and are held via Zoom and facilitated in real-time by the instructor and a classroom coordinator.
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of the course, students will receive a Certificate of Completion from Summer Springboard
June 28, 2021 July 9, 2021
July 26, 2021 August 6, 2021
Academic tracks in this program
Business & Entrepreneurship
- Understand how operations, marketing, sales, and finance come together to drive businesses.
- Learn how to read financial statements in order to decipher a company’s performance.
- Develop a sales and marketing plan and pitch your venture to investors and mentors.
- Work under the guidance of a UCLA computer science instructor
- Explore your unknown facts and features of the Python programming world
- Create and develop your own fully functional web app using Python
- Meet a computer engineer at Facebook and learn about the projects he works on and advice for aspiring CS majors
- Learn about the future of computer networking and the promises and challenges of life in a fully connected world
- Develop a portfolio of work from different writing genres, including gonzo journalism, poetry, fiction, and scriptwriting
- Discover inspiration and cultivate your skills through daily writing exercises and mentor texts
- Become a stronger writer by honing reading skills and diving deep into short stories, poems, drama, articles, and essays
- Discover practical skills such as suturing, stopping a bleed and taking vital signs.
- Work in teams as you research, diagnose and develop a treatment plan for simulated patients.
- Participate in a “mass casualty incident” where you work against the clock to save as many people as possible.
Fundamentals of Engineering
- Develop 3D solutions to design challenges to learn the fundamentals behind mechanical, civil, and biomedical engineering.
- Design and build a scale model structure compliant with code, zoning, and budget requirements.
- Learn from professionals in the field about the latest advancements in engineering and technology.
Psychology & Neuroscience
- Uncover the mystery of how the mind works, and examine the connection between the brain and human behavior.
- Develop solutions to the complex questions of human behavior through studying and performing real-world experiments.
- Interact with clinical psychologists, neurologists and researchers who are experts in this specialized field.
- Explore all roles of a challenging case acting as defense attorneys, prosecutors, witnesses, jurors, or judge.
- Develop your legal skills by researching evidence, crafting arguments, and preparing and examining witnesses.
- Experience a unique view of the legal profession that is personal and insightful from seasoned lawyers or legal scholars.