Choose one of our top courses that has been transformed into a customized and dynamic online learning experience. Discover your academic passions with a real-world professional, engage in interactive online learning, and learn about career paths for this major.
- Business & Entrepreneurship – Dr. Tina Klein, UC San Diego
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Computer Science – Dr. Qi Zhao, UCLA
- Digital Marketing
- Emergency Medicine – Cheryl Burke, Northeastern University
- Introduction to Engineering at MIT– Dr. Joshua Ramos, MIT
- Psychology & Neuroscience – Rob Cortes, Georgetown University
- UX & UI Design
- Web Development
When & How
Classes meet 3-hours/day for 9 days and are held via Zoom and facilitated in real-time by the instructor and a classroom coordinator.
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of the course, students will receive a Certificate of Completion from Summer Springboard
June 20, 2022 June 30, 2022 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET
July 4, 2022 July 14, 2022 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET
July 25, 2022 August 4, 2022 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET
Academic tracks in this program
Business & Entrepreneurship
- Understand how operations, marketing, sales, and finance come together to drive businesses.
- Learn how to read financial statements in order to decipher a company’s performance.
- Develop a sales and marketing plan and pitch your venture to investors and mentors.
- Work under the guidance of a UCLA computer science instructor
- Explore your unknown facts and features of the Python programming world
- Create and develop your own fully functional web app using Python
- Meet a computer engineer at Facebook and learn about the projects he works on and advice for aspiring CS majors
- Learn about the future of computer networking and the promises and challenges of life in a fully connected world
- Discover practical skills such as suturing, stopping a bleed and taking vital signs.
- Work in teams as you research, diagnose and develop a treatment plan for simulated patients.
- Participate in a “mass casualty incident” where you work against the clock to save as many people as possible.
Fundamentals of Engineering
- Develop 3D solutions to design challenges to learn the fundamentals behind mechanical, civil, and biomedical engineering.
- Design and build a scale model structure compliant with code, zoning, and budget requirements.
- Learn from professionals in the field about the latest advancements in engineering and technology.
Psychology & Neuroscience
- Uncover the mystery of how the mind works, and examine the connection between the brain and human behavior.
- Develop solutions to the complex questions of human behavior through studying and performing real-world experiments.
- Interact with clinical psychologists, neurologists and researchers who are experts in this specialized field.
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Understand basic Cryptoeconomics: Be able to design cryptoeconomic models, and use existing cryptoeconomic models.
- Understand the potential of crypto tokens when used with well designed cryptoeconomic models and be able to design tokens for different value abstractions.
- Understand what blockchain is as a data structure and how the Bitcoin application utilizes blockchain and other existing systems to work together (P2P network, PoW algorithm, hashing functions).
- Understand Peer to peer (P2P) computer networks, and list examples of existing P2P networks.
- Centralization vs. Decentralization: Understand the difference between the centralized/decentralized applications of a given technology or system.
- The history of money: Define what “sound money” is, list the chronological evolution of abstractions of value throughout human history, and summarize the history of how we got to where we are in the context of money.
- Market analysis: Learn to identify key audiences, segmentation within the market, and create target personas with a customer empathy map.
- Financial modeling: Analyze key metrics like return on investment (ROI), customer acquisition cost (CAC), and lifetime value (LTV).
- Ad bidding & auction: Click bidding, bid management, and budgeting— learn how to outmaneuver your competition. Learn the basics of Google Analytics to measure your campaign performance.
- Channels & tracking: The role of digital channels such as broadcast, direct, & social.
- Brand & Social Media: Create a social ad campaign for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Produce a strategy that outlines key messaging, content mapping, distribution, and measurement.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Improve the search discoverability of your brand and products with SEO strategies and tactics.
UX & UI Design
- Design fundamentals: The psychology of colors, lines, shapes, textures, fonts. Learn to leverage the power of space, rhythm, composition, structure.
- Human-computer interaction: The basics of the psychology of interface design and how humans feel about computers in different contexts.
- User Research: Learn to form hypotheses, then go out to real people to collect data and test your assumptions.
- Rapid Prototyping: Prototyping, sketching, and wireframing - essential techniques for experimentation and brainstorming.
- Visual Identity: Build a visual identity from scratch, taking into account the story, personality, and core values.
- Mock Websites & Apps: Learn to design across screen sizes and interaction paradigms.
- Mobile-first, responsive design: This is the default of the modern web. Learn coding frameworks and techniques that ensure that your web sites work well on all screen sizes.
- Software tools: Learn which software tools are most popular in the world of today’s editors including Figma and Adobe XD.
- Git and Github: This is the industry standard for collaborating on, sharing and hosting software on the internet.
- Databases: Learn the basics and how to store/work with data to drive your website.
- APIs: Understand how to use APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) so you can communicate with other websites all over the web.
- Effective debugging: Learn with tools like Chrome Developer Tools that might help you make sure your code works perfectly on every browser.