This course will teach students how to approach programming projects like a Computer Science major. The course will focus on using the Python programming language to do a series of increasingly sophisticated projects with no specific requirement of pre-knowledge of Python. Students with prior knowledge of Python will be able to take their projects to new heights, while those with no previous knowledge will be able to learn Python syntax and accomplish basic projects. The two week online course culminates with students developing a final project that they can add to their portfolio of experiences.
Open to any high school student who will be entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in Fall 2021. Space is limited. Each session is limited to 35 students per track.
Classes will be held via Zoom and facilitated in real-time by the instructor and a classroom coordinator.
- Work under the guidance of a UCLA computer science instructor
- Explore your unknown facts and features of the Python programming world
- Create and develop your own fully functional web app using Python
- Meet a computer engineer at Facebook and learn about the projects he works on and advice for aspiring CS majors
- Learn about the future of computer networking and the promises and challenges of life in a fully connected world
June 28, 2021 July 9, 2021 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET
July 26, 2021 August 6, 2021 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET