1,798 | Tuition will increase $200 on December 1st.
Open to any high school student who will be entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in Fall 2023. Space is limited. Each session is limited to 35 students per track.
Classes will be held via Zoom and facilitated in real-time by the instructor and a classroom coordinator.
As the world’s volume of data increases and data storage becomes cheaper and faster, the value and need for skilled employees to capture and intrepret all of it will continue to explode. In this course, students will learn how to grow their abilities to communicate data effectively through the use of data visualization and modelling. Students will get a chance to work on the powerful tools that data analysts use that enable better decision-making. This course will bring together technology, mathematics, and problem-solving skills for students to evaluate data and extract meaningful insights from it to assist in driving real business value.
In this course, students will work in groups while undertaking a project for a real-world assigned client. The students will use different problem-solving methodologies, use their initiative to conceptualize social impact-driven solutions for their client.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis in Python including how to clean and pre-process data for visualization.
- Perform data visualization in Python using packages such as, seaborn, ploty, matplotlib, and ggplot2.
- Build and implement an interactive Python web-based data analytics dashboard.
- Learn how to develop insights from the data analysis, and create practical takeaways for organizational decision-makers.
- Develop teamwork skills and collaboration with other in the diverse group settings.
- Explore different problem-solving methodologies, implementing hypothesis-driven analysis and critical thinking skills.
July 3, 2023 July 13, 2023 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET