Day 10 & 11 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
“I have enjoyed learning about different colleges and even getting comfortable with Berkeley campus. I have also enjoyed getting to know a variety of people from all over the world. These weekend trips were a really good experience that I will remember for a long time.”
- Stanford University Campus Tour:
- In 1885, Jane and Leland Stanford established Stanford University in memory of their son, Leland Junior. Their intent was to establish a “University of high degree” that would “qualify students for personal success and direct usefulness in life and promote the public welfare by exercising an influence on behalf of humanity and civilization.”
- Today, Stanford is a research university where teaching, learning and research are integral to the university’s mission.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Excursion – Oakland BBB
- Students visited the Better Business Bureau, the ideal place to foster young entrepreneurs with its focus on encouraging and supporting best practices by educating consumers and businesses.
- The BBB helps people find and recommend businesses, brands and charities they can trust.