Day 11 & 12 of Summer Springboard (Session 3):
“This program has taught me a lot, but not only the academic portion. I’ve benefited from the medical class, but I think my biggest takeaway is from the True You section. I don’t usually think of myself, like what is my real self or which occupation I’m suitable for. From the Enneagram, I found myself as a type 4, and from there I was able to discover my strengths and weaknesses, and how to improve my EQ. I’ve become much more independent, and I should take the time to reflect more on myself.” Nicole (Medicine & Healthcare)
“I have learned a lot about myself and how to better put myself in different situations to play to my strengths.” Zachary (Computer Science)
“My biggest takeaway has been the lessons I’ve learned while living on my own. I’ve also learned about my motivations and personality through the True You. So overall, I’ve had the chance to learn more about myself and the skills I need to succeed in college.” Megan (Medicine & Healthcare)
- The True You:
- A major part of what makes Summer Springboard different is The True You.
- The True You program is a series of scientific assessments and diagnostics that guide students through a process of introspection, reflection, and visioning.
- We want students to look inward to develop their personal roadmap for life based on their own unique qualities.
- Computer Science Track – Raspberry Pi
- We visited the Raspberry Pi offices where there was an experiential event so that the students could build a project (in groups) using Python and machine learning.
- The Raspberry Pi Foundation provides low-cost, high-performance computers that people use to learn, solve problems and have fun.
- Afternoon & Evening Activities
- To celebrate Trinity’s birthday, everyone at Summer Springboard signed a HUGE card for her. Happy 17th Birthday, Trinity!