Day 4 & 5 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
“I’m really interested in a career in business and this program seemed very interesting to me because it’s taking place in one of my target colleges I would love to go to.”
- Medicine Excursion – Fairfield SIM Center
- Students went to the simulation lab for practice with blood pressure, pulse assessment, and other medical skills at Fairfield University.
- The Simulation Center at Fairfield University has received a five-year accreditation by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH).
- The center uses the latest in healthcare equipment and modern classroom settings to provide a practical and engaging education for students.
- Trial Law Excursion – Superior Courthouse
- Students received a one-of-a-kind experience as a first-hand witness to a sentence hearing at the New Haven County Courthouse.
- Significant court cases tried at the courthouse include Griswold v. Connecticut and the trial of Black Panther Bobby Seale.
- Students also got to spend time with Judge Brian Fisher, a judge on the New Haven District Superior Court in Connecticut. In addition, they heard from the state attorney and public defender attorneys to get all perspectives from the justice system.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Excursion – Platt LaBonia
- Since 1945, Platt & LaBonia Company has been designing and delivering custom steel fabrication products with an uncompromising commitment to quality and service.
- Students received a special tour of the 130,000 sq ft facility and got to hear directly from the owners about their ability to respond quickly and cost effectively to customer needs and other best sales and marketing practices.