Day 13 & 14 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
“This program has truly changed me through the people that I have met and the extensive amount of knowledge I have gained. The best part of this program was being able to have hands-on experience in the field of work that I would like to participate in later on in the future. Being able to experience everything in close proximity has been wonderful and I enjoyed all of my time here at Summer Springboard.” Ashley (Medicine & Healthcare)
- Keynote Speaker and Closing Ceremony:
- We had the honor of having Purvi Modi as our keynote speaker. Purvi founded Insight Education, a recognized college counseling firm with offices across Silicon Valley.
- One of her key messages was to “build a tribe”. Having a support system be that family, friends, and even teachers really makes all the difference.
- Her passion for helping students navigate the increasingly complex and stressful journey of college admissions made her the perfect speaker to close out Summer Springboard!
- Business Plan Pitch Day
- Over the course of the program, the students in the business and entrepreneurship program have been developing their very own business plan.
- On the last day of class, the students worked in teams to present their new business idea in a “shark tank” environment with professional investors.
- Medicine Field Trip – UCSF Zuckerberg Hospital
- On the last day of class, the medicine students were treated to a behind the scenes tour of the UCSF Zuckerberg Hospital.
- Unfortunately, due to the sensitive nature of the environment no pictures were taken, but nonetheless the students thoroughly enjoyed opportunity to spend quality time inside the Emergency Department.
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center is a community hospital and Level 1 trauma center dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the community.
- Farewell Party:
- That’s a wrap on session 2 of Summer Springboard at UC Berkeley. We’ve had an amazing two weeks of learning, fun, and friendships that will last a lifetime.