What do I need to pack?
Please refer to your family guide for complete details for your campus, this is a general list but can vary.
Packing List + Things to Consider
- Water bottle, bathing suit, sun screen, and beach towel
- (2) COVID-19 Antigen Self Tests (Will be collected in check in day)
- Face covering/mask – KN95 types
- Government Issued or School Issued Photo ID (Identification Card, Driver’s License, Passport)
- Covid – 19 Vaccination card
- Money (almost everything is covered in tuition, but you may want to bring some spare cash for snacks at the airport or souvenirs for family and friends).
- Medications/ Specialty vitamins – enough for the 2 week program plus some extra in case.
- Laptop + charger: please bring a computer for your academic course. Please note that SSB is not responsible for lost or damaged laptops.
- Pack for layers! Weather in the summer can be unpredictable: rainy, hot, cool….look ahead and pack prepared!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring shoes that are comfortable to walk in. We will be walking around campus, touring town, and local areas.
- Shower shoes or flip-flops
- Rain gear? Check the weather for your campus, you never know!
- Exercise gear – if you are planning on working out, running etc.
- Outfit for the Final Night: we will be having a celebration to mark the end of the program. It’s a chance to dress-up and have some fun! Please don’t pack formal dance attire.
- SSB does not have a formal dress code, however we ask that you dress in “neat attire”, meaning clean, not too revealing, not too short, and appropriate to meet guest speakers and go on excursions. You will also be provided a SSB shirt.
- “Two business casual” outfits for visits to companies or outside organizations.
Dorm Room & Gear
- Dorms are fully furnished so please don’t bring any furniture!
- Cell Phone & charger
- Backpack or Messenger bag
- The linen pack includes one twin XL fitted sheet, one flat sheet, one pillowcase, and three towels. All rooms come with a pillow and blanket.
- You are welcome to bring your own linens, towels, or hangers.
We will not be making a special run to the store for snacks or forgotten items, so make sure you bring everything you need!
- Shower caddy/something to carry your toiletry items to the communal bathroom
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Bug spray – if you are especially susceptible to bites!
- Contact Lens Solution & enough Lenses
- Feminine hygiene products
- Personal & Prescription Medications, Vitamins
- Snacks that you may want during travel or during downtime at SSB
- Laundry Detergent
Medicine on Program
During the program, students will retain possession of their medication. Summer Springboard defines medication as both prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medication. All medications must be identified in the Health History Form, found in the Parent Dashboard.
Medications must be in the original container and labeled with the student’s name, name of medication, directions for medication administration, and the date of the prescription. Medication will be self-administered by the student during the duration of the program, as provided in the Medical Consent written authorization. When traveling with prescription medicine, be sure to pack it in your carry-on in the original bottle/pack.
Snacks, Toiletries, etc.
Make sure to pack plenty of anything you cannot live without! If you simply cannot get by without a certain brand of face wash or your daily protein bar, be sure to stock up beforehand.