July 3, 2023 July 13, 2023 6am - 9am PDT | 9am - 12pm EDT
Through this Digital Marketing course, students will get the opportunity to apply their newly gained skills to a hands-on project for a positive cause. While specific briefs vary from system to course, all of the projects are selected to perfectly complement the skills covered in class and enable students to make a real-world impact.
Students in our Hybrid program receive a truly unique, immersive experience coupling our in-person and online programs. Students will stay in the dorms at Fordham University, Lincoln Center, while taking classes online from top notch staff recruited from across the globe. We will have spaces set up for students to go and attend their online class and join their classmates virtually. After class in the mornings students will join their cohort on campus.
Open to any high school student who will be entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in Fall 2023. Space is limited. Each session is limited to 35 students per track.
Classes will be held via Zoom and facilitated in real-time by the instructor and a classroom coordinator.
Topics you'll explore
Real World Class Project
In this course, students will work in groups while undertaking a project for a real-world assigned client. The students will use different problem-solving methodologies and their initiative to conceptualize social impact-driven solutions for their client. Previous project partners have included Inetum, a company headquartered in Paris, France, with a Data Science and Analytics unit office located in Lisbon. Students in this course previously worked with Inetum's Data and Analytics lead on a real world project that involved analyzing data related to spending patterns of consumers in two Lusophone countries that assisted their client with the development of new strategies to narrow the profitability gap in their operations.
In addition to the real-world project, students will be able to:
- Explore how to use different problem-solving methodologies, implementing hypothesis-driven analysis and critical thinking skills
- Learn how to use initiative to conceptualize social impact-driven solutions for organizations, in the absence of full information, while solving for complex problems
- Learn how to grapple with complex global issues and developments and their implications for the future
- Gain teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate with others in a diverse group setting
- Apply what you learn in the classroom in the real world project experience
- Gain invaluable soft skills necessary to excel in the workplace while working in an international culture