Day 9 & 10 of Summer Springboard (Session 2):
“My biggest takeaway from this program has been learning an extensive amount of information from the activities we do and the classes we take. I am extremely ecstatic that I have been able to enjoy these classes as much as I did.” Ashley (Medicine & Healthcare)
- College Admissions Presentation
- The main takeaway is that colleges will look at a student holistically going beyond just grades and test scores as they also take into account a student’s community involvement.
- The guest speaker even showed the students a graph with real data of different types of applicants at an Ivy League school that all had different GPAs and test scores high and low!
- Business Field Trip – Facebook Headquarters
- The business and entrepreneurship students were in for a treat with a visit to Facebook’s HQ where they got to hear from Facebook team members about how to apply business practices in the real world.
- The student’s got a guided tour Facebook’s sprawling campus which was previously owned by Sun Microsystems.
- Giants Stadium Tour
- Two speakers with the Giants corporation gave the students some great advice – “Communication is key no matter what profession you get in to. Make sure to work well with teams as this will get you far!”
- The students walked all around the stadium and even got to see the championship trophies. Fun fact – whenever the championship trophy is flown in, the trophy gets its very own first class seat!