Day 5 & 6 of Summer Springboard (Session 1):
“I’ve loved going to the simulation medical lab! I’ve learned that there is much more to the medical profession than medicine itself. There are tons of practicing doctors and nurses that know much more about their field than just the medicine itself and I’m excited to work with more of them.” Carson (Medicine & Healthcare)
- Yale Center for Medical Simulation
- The medicine students went to the SIM lab for stitching and suturing practice with Yale Medical and Emergency Room doctors.
- They practiced on mannequins that respond just like humans. They blink, cry, and sweat, and react like a normal patient would! They also cost $60,000!!
- Mass Casualty Simulation
- The students ran through procedures for dealing with an excess of wounded patients in a simulated case of a bomb going off in a city.
- They learned how to assess injuries and set up triage.
- Afternoon and Evening Activities
- Students really enjoyed trivia night, the treasure hunt around campus, and nightly activities with RAs.