Day 11 & 12 of Summer Springboard (Session 1):
“My biggest takeaway from the program is all of the things I have learned from the diverse people here. I have learned other languages, cultures, etc. It’s incredible to me how well known Yale is and that it attracts all these people.” Julia (Medicine & Healthcare)
- Medicine Track – Yale New Haven Hospital
- The medicine students had the opportunity to spend quality time inside the YNHH Emergency Department.
- The Emergency Department has a full range of specialists and equipment available 24 hours a day as well as educational, preventive and outreach programs designed to understand, treat and prevent the most serious of patient injuries.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Track – Guest Speaker from McKinsey
Peter Mombaur provided a deep dive into management consulting at McKinsey. From the Gates Foundation to the government of South Africa, all types of companies hire McKinsey to help solve their business problems.
Peter shared McKinsey’s method to approach problem solving = MECE (mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive)
- Afternoon and Evening Activities
- In between all of the academic and self discovery portions of Summer Springboard, students are also really enjoying fun activities such as karaoke night and the pizza challenge!