Day 11 & 12 of Summer Springboard (Session 1):
“My biggest takeaway from the program is all of the things I have learned from the diverse people here. I have learned other languages, cultures, etc. It’s incredible to me how well known Yale is and that it attracts all these people.” Julia (Medicine & Healthcare)
- Medicine Track – Yale New Haven Hospital
- The medicine students had the opportunity to spend quality time inside the YNHH Emergency Department.
- The Emergency Department has a full range of specialists and equipment available 24 hours a day as well as educational, preventive and outreach programs designed to understand, treat and prevent the most serious of patient injuries.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Track – Guest Speaker from McKinsey
- Peter Mombaur provided a deep dive into management consulting at McKinsey. From the Gates Foundation to the government of South Africa, all types of companies hire McKinsey to help solve their business problems.
- Peter shared McKinsey’s method to approach problem solving = MECE (mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive)
- Afternoon and Evening Activities
- In between all of the academic and self discovery portions of Summer Springboard, students are also really enjoying fun activities such as karaoke night and the pizza challenge!